The Jacobsens

The Jacobsens
Patrick Rebecca Caden Gabriel

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Who says kids keep you young?

So really, whoever said that kids keep you young did not have a three year old who likes to take away ten years from your life! We are planning on going to Zoo Lights in Denver this evening, so I informed Caden that he needs to hurry to his room and take a nap so we can go. All was going well....I was able to feed Gabriel and rock him to sleep, clean up the kitchen, fold laundry, and read a blog or two. I thought I should probably check in on little Caden, juuuuust to make sure he was asleep and all covered over. Color me SHOCKED when I find his bed empty. I figured he was hiding somewhere and so I better find him and drag his cute little butt back into bed. So I start looking. And looking. And LOOKING. I checked all his usual places...and some really obscure ones. HE WAS NOWHERE. I started to PANIC. I kept calling his name over and over....I threatened, pleaded, BRIBED. NOTHING. I checked the front door again but it was still locked so the kid HAD to be somewhere in the house. SOMEWHERE!?! I was just seconds away from enlisting help from the National Guard when I heard a sneeze. AhHAH! I ran into his room and was very quiet. I heard rustling and a small giggle. That little trouble maker had climbed into his laundry basket and buried himself with his clothes. Not joking. I couldn't see one little part of him. I didn't know whether I should laugh hysterically or strangle him! Anyway, all is calm. He's asleep and I thought I would share "Gray Hair Moment #32"...

No comments:

Post a Comment