The Jacobsens

The Jacobsens
Patrick Rebecca Caden Gabriel

Saturday, January 2, 2010

So Patrick, Caden and I went to Disney's "The Princess ad the Frog". It was Caden's first movie in the theaters!!! I was a bit apprehensive as to how he would behave...but why should I? The kid is awesome. He decided to spend the entire movie cuddled on his daddy's lap with his hands buried in the popcorn. He was so enthralled with the film....REALLY enjoyed it. I have always known my little Caden was a tender-heart from the beginning, but he reminded me how empathetic he can be while we were there. Near the end of the film, Ray (my FAVORITE character) ends up dying and taking his place next to his Evangeline. Caden, with big eyes looks at me and asks," are they all so sad, Mom?" Of course I had to answer him, "yes," since all the characters were clearly upset....so he then says, " I don't WANT them to be..." and proceeded to burst into some of the BIGGEST tears I have EVER seen. After Ray is seen in the sky next to Evangeline...I told him, "See? Now Ray is happy because he is with the one he loves." Caden then gives me a big hug and says, " I love you, mom. So I'M happy." What the? I'm never letting this kid go. He's mine, ladies, so BACK OFF!!!! It was a great experience but now Caden asks everyday to see "The Princess and the Frog". I think Patrick is going to take him again tomorrow. Anyway, after enjoying that little episode, it made me think how I need to remember the little things and not worry so much over things that I can't control. I have everything I need and everyone. Makes me feel so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Follow up to the story....Caden just got back from seeing it again and Patrick informed me he had to take Caden out of the theater before it even started he was crying so hard. Pat asked what was wrong and Caden wanted to know where mommy was. Pat had to say I was home with Gabriel which made him cry even harder. He finally settled down, watched the movie...but once it was over he began crying again because I missed it. What a sweet little man! Most boys are so fixated on their daddy but mine LOVES HIS MAMA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute kid! Time to go to the movies all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so dang cute!!! Makes me wanna cry.

    ReplyDelete