The Jacobsens

The Jacobsens
Patrick Rebecca Caden Gabriel

Thursday, February 18, 2010

FULL

I choose tis title because I feel that my life it so full that i couldn't possibly hold anymore. I would never use the word 'perfect', but if I could find a word that means about the same....it would be inserted. After a couple of rough days (FYI-sometimes meds don't work) Patrick and I had another great heart to heart and he reminded me of how wonderful we have it. I know that things could always be worse, but when you feel really down on yourself....it is hard to see it any other way! I'm sure you all know what I mean. Anyway, being with my two boys day in and day out...I really take them for granted. It's funny when you are out in public somewhere, and you think your child is going to drive you absolutely BONKERS....but the complete strangers around you gush about how GOOD your kids are. Then proceed to tell you about all the other awful children that they have been around that day. Total slap in the face to remind me that Caden's worst days are most kids' best. 'Tis true. The kid shines. He really is the most amazing little soul. I have never met another like him and he is always finding new ways to humble me. His little brother, Gabriel, is shaping up to be just like him. The boys keep me centered, grounded, and focused. My husband is my constant.....and life is "PERFECT"?. Moving out to Colorado has been one of the best experiences. It has really been wonderful being on our own, having only each other to depend on....and it has really made our relationship even stronger. Didn't think that was possible...but yup. I think that if we ended up
out here permanently, it wouldn't be so bad. Reflecting on the last five years of marriage....gives me a glimpse at what the future will hold...and I can't wait to get there. But I'll take it all in stride. Thank you to my family for being the best part of me.

3 comments:

  1. Such a great post, Becky! Caden really is a doll. You wouldn't be "normal" if you didn't have struggling days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to be reminded about the good things in life. Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post!! I love that you called Pat constant. Such a perfect word to use. :) One day I hope to have a constant companion like you have. Miss you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete